How to Get Rid of Chapped lips: Chapped lips are a result of dryness, which can become not only really annoying but also painful. You might even have some bleeding scenarios. It could just be the harsh cold and dry winter, sun damage, wind exposure, or that poor lip balm that is turning your lips dry. The lip skin is much thinner and fragile and is hence more susceptible to becoming dry, peeling, flaking, and cracking.
How to Prevent Chapped Lips?
Here is how you can avoid getting your lips chapped and keep it soft and pink:
- Drink lots of water: Turns out, staying hydrated is the ultimate solution to all health issues, big or small. Moreover, during winter months, you can get rid of the dry atmosphere by using a humidifier.
- Try to keep your mouth covered if you choose to walk outdoors during the hard cold winters. The winter air dehydrates and cracks your skin.
- Refrain from purchasing cheap lip products, be it lip balms, gloss, or lipsticks. Avoid flavoured products. If you spend more hours out in the sun, buy a lip balm with sunscreen.
- Stop licking your lips frequently as it tends to dry out more. The saliva evaporates rapidly after you lick them.
- Figure how if there are certain components or elements that your lips are allergic to. Hence, before you grab your cosmetics, take a look at the components of the same.
- Do not pick at your flaky lips. You will be worsening the condition. Keep them moist and exfoliate them.
- Breathe through the nose as the constant flow of air through your mouth will run your lips dry.
- Vitamin deficiencies can also lead to chapped lips. So make sure you are getting a proper daily supply of iron, mineral supplements, B vitamins, multivitamins, and essential fatty acids.
- Smoking and drinking can also chap your lips besides having a not so positive effect on your entire health and body. It would be better if you kept these habits at bay.
- Unfortunately, for all those who love spicy food, you might want to turn down the heat a little since spicy food makes your lips dry. Replace your spicy meals with smoothies, fresh fruits, and vegetables, nut butter, anything that will keep you hydrated.
Some Home Made Remedies to Get Rid Of Chapped Lips
Here are some organic, simple home remedies and tips to keeping your lips moisturized, nourished, and healthy. Now, keep in mind that you cannot cure chapped lips overnight. Follow the tips given below and be patient.
1. Carrier Oil: Get rid of dry lips at home with:
Oils like olive oil, castor oil, or coconut oil contain healthy fatty acids that act as pure lubricants and moisturizers. You can even choose to add essential oils like tea tree or grape seed oil that will significantly hasten the healing process and prevent the chances of infections. Add 1-2 drops of your preferred essential oil to your regular carrier oil and make a blend. Apply on the lips and leave it on. You can repeat this process 2-3 times a day and even apply before going to bed to leave it overnight.
It is one of the best hydrating agents which soothes and nourishes your skin at the same time. Grab a slice of a cucumber and rub it on your lips for a couple of minutes. Leave the juice on for 10 minutes and rinse it. You can also make a mask out of mashing a few slices of cucumber and apply it on your lips. Do it 2 to 3 times a day.
3. Aloe Vera:
It is a blessing in disguise as it comes with innate cohesive properties, cooling effect, and protection, which can give you softer skin by flaky binding cells a gently eliminating the dead skin cells. Scoop the gel out of the leaf and apply it on your lips, leave it overnight. Store the rest of the gel in a container in a refrigerator.
4. Honey and Vaseline:
When honey is mixed with petroleum jelly like Vaseline forms to be one of the best remedies to cure chapped lips fast. Honey is packed with antibacterial properties while the jelly softens your lips and nourishes them. This process locks the moisture on your lips. Dab some honey on to your lips and coat it with analogous proportions of Vaseline. Leave on for 15-20 minutes before wiping away with a dry cloth.
5. Cocoa Butter Or Malai Cream:
Cocoa butter, buttermilk, or yoghurt all will have the same effect on your lips as they come rich in essential fatty acids. These products deeply condition the soft skin around your lips, thus improving skin health. Apply a small amount of either on your lips and leave it overnight.
6. Vanilla Extract, Baking Soda And Sugar:
The hassle-free method works like magic. This process makes use of double exfoliators- the baking soda and sugar whereas the vanilla adds to the flavour of the scrub. The baking soda also diminishes the stingy sensations, which make the removal of dead skin cells gentler. Take 2 tablespoons of sugar, a quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil, and a teaspoon of baking soda. Mix all the ingredients and scrub your lips gently with it. Rinse after a while. The best part of this process is that you can store the remaining blend in an airtight container for up to a week. Initially, use the scrub every day. Gradually as your lips heal, you can reduce its usage to 2-3 times a week.
7. Rose Petals And Raw Milk:
Want to get soft, younger, and beautiful lips? Raw milk is enriched with essential fats, minerals, and vitamins, which prevent the skin from becoming dry while rose petals, rich in Vitamin E, contain anti-aging properties. Soak 5 to 6 rose petals in a quarter cup of raw milk for a span of 2-3 hours. Make a paste out of it later with a smooth consistency and apply it to your lips. Leave it on for 20 minutes or so, and rinse it with cold water. Repeat once every day for the best results.
8. Lemon Juice And Fresh Cream:
It is rather a very simple process of replacing your dry, chapped lips with soft, lush ones. Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C, whereas fresh cream contains various vitamins and minerals promising of proving hydration. Take a teaspoon of fresh cream and add a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it to blend well and apply it on your lips before you hit the bed at night. Leave it overnight and try the remedy once to get rid of chapped lips overnight. Lemon also has anti tanning properties.
9. Peanut Butter:
Peanut butter has essential fatty acids that, when used regularly, will hydrate your lips and make them moist. Instead of purchasing peanut butter from the supermarkets, make it yourself. Blend some roasted peanuts until it becomes smooth. You can add a pinch of salt if you like. This is a much healthier, yummier, and organic version of the pricey and preserved peanut butter available in the markets. Take a teaspoon of peanut butter and apply it to your lips. Let it stay overnight. Repeat the process regularly for the best results.
10. Green Tea Bags:
It wonders of green tea are no secret. Rich in antioxidants, the tannin present in green tea leaves hydrate and moistens your lips. Soak the green tea bag in hot water for a while, and then keep the bag on your lips. Follow this method once every day to get the desired results.
11. Brown Sugar, Olive Oil, And Organic Honey:
Brown sugar is an excellent exfoliates that enhances blood circulation, thus making your lip more supple and soft. Honey contains antibacterial properties, while olive oil nourishes the skin. This is one of the best methods for soft pink lips. In a bowl, add a few drops of olive oil, half a teaspoon of raw organic honey, and a teaspoon o brown sugar. Mix it ensuring the brown sugar does not dissolve all the way and apply the mixture on your lips. Scrub your lips with your fingertips gently to remove the dead cells. Use this remedy every alternate day.
Chapped lips are a common condition that affects more or less all the masses. The remedies mentioned above are most likely to help you get those soft, pink supple lips. In case the problem is persistent, and it develops infections, also known as cheilitis, you better pay a visit to the doctor. It might be so that there is some underlying issue that is to blame. Cracked lips can often become home to bacteria, thus causing infection. Take proper care of your lips and keep them moisturized to prevent chapping. Remember, it takes time to heal cracked lips, through and through, especially if you are living I harsh weather conditions. So give your lips time to mend and become beautiful.
Post You May Also Like