Home Remedies for Lower Back Pain: Back pain is one issue that many of us suffer from in our daily life. It is one of the leading causes of disability throughout the world, and every individual can say that they have experienced back pain at least once in a lifetime. back pain treatment options can occur anywhere and at any time. Having back pain can be the cause of extreme hindrance in a person’s private as well as public life. All over the world, due to modern life, people are suffering from back pain. Daily office life where you have to sit in front of the desk for hours can cause back pain.
Even children suffer from back pain as they get injured while playing. Back pain puts us in quite an uncomfortable position as nothing gives us a bit of respite. Any activity reminds us of the pain that we are carrying. It is also one of the top reasons why people cannot go to their office and miss work worldwide. Of course, over the counter pain medication ointments and pills can help but always relying on such medicine is not suitable for a person’s health. Other remedy options for the betterment, your sleeves never hurt anyone.
There are how many home remedy options as well as exercises that you can do in your home when you want to avoid search over the counter medicine or when you cannot access them. The knowledge of these remedies will help you or someone else in a tough time and will give them the comfort they are seeking.
The first thing that you need to understand before applying any home remedies to check for symptoms and signs for back pain and also figure out what exactly was causing your pain or how you have injured yourself. Without knowing these two things, you would not be able to figure out what you need for yourself.
Some Common Symptoms Of Lower Back Pain
- Generally, a person complains of backache when they suffer from a persistent aching or stiffness anywhere along the person’s spine, which can be any point from the base of the neck to the tailbone. If you are feeling pain in the lower region of your back, then the main symptom that you will notice is that the pain is generating from the lumbosacral area.
- You may feel a shooting or stabbing feeling on your lower back, and the pain that you are feeling may radiate down the front, back, or the side of your leg.
- The pain can reach up to your toes, and the daily functioning of the body may be stopped if the pain reaches a person’s threshold.
- The pain can also be confined to its source.
- The back pain tends to become worse when you try to do an activity, especially bending, standing, walking, and of course, lifting.
- The pain can also increase during the night or when you are seated in a particular position for a prolonged period of time, such as office desk work. You will also see that when you try to get up, you will feel a lot of aching in your back or muscle spasms. This kind of pain usually occurs in the middle and lower back but can also occur in the upper regions.
- One other common symptom of lower back pain is that it is many times accompanied by a feeling of weakness or numbness in a specific region of your leg that receives its nerve supply from a compressed nerve originating from the lower back region. An example of this kind of injury is when your first sacral nerve is injured, and then you will see that you cannot stand on your toes or bring your foot downwards. Another example is when your fifth lumbar nerve is compressed; you would not be able to raise your big toe upwards. Thus, you can see there are many symptoms of lower back pain, and how originating from your lower back can spread to cause a lot of hindrance in your life.
Some Common Causes For Your Lower Back Pain
- What you have to understand that lower back pain causes back pain in the female symptoms of many other complications in your body. The main reasons why you may be suffering from a backache can be due to a disease or injury to the bones, muscles, or the nerves of the spine. You may be hurting due to strains, which is the most common cause of back pain.
- You can also suffer from a backache, called a referred pain, if there are some problems in the organs in your abdominal, pelvis, or chest regions. Examples of this would be appendicitis, kidney diseases, and infections, aneurysms, bladder infections, pelvic infections, ovarian disorders, etc.
A pregnant woman can suffer from back pain, which is a common thing that many pregnant women suffer from.
Home Remedies That You Can Try To Alleviate Your Lower Back Pain
1. Ginger Paste Along With Eucalyptus Oil:
You can apply ayurvedic home remedies for back pain like some ginger paste on the affected area and then follow up with eucalyptus oil. As you know, people consume Ginger because it has anti-inflammatory compounds, that is why it can also be used to give a person instant relief from back pain. You can then put 15 to 20 drops of eucalyptus oil in some warm water and use it for bathing to increase the effectiveness of the ginger paste. Both of this process helps with back pain, and when combined, it becomes quite helpful.
2. Have Basil Leaf As A Form Of Syrup:
You would have to take 10 to 12 basil leaves in a cup of water and boil it till the water evaporates to half of its initial quantity. Allow the liquid to cool down to room temperature then add a pinch of salt to this. You then have to drink this syrup once or twice in the day if you are suffering from mild to severe lower back pain. Depending upon the intensity of what to do for back pain, take this syrup.
3. Herbal Oil Massage:
To help in muscle relaxation and to give you instant pain relief, you can try a herbal oil massage to help with your lower back pain. A mixture of several herbal oils can be used; pick ingredients like coconut, almond, eucalyptus, mustard or sesame oil to make the mixture. Before applying, you must heat the oil till it becomes warm, then you need to massage gently on the affected region of your back. Make sure that the temperature of the oil is not too hot so that it does not scald your skin, nor is it cold as then it will not be as effective as you want it to be.
4. Honey Can Be Consumed As Well As Applied On The Body:
Honey has many kinds of healing properties, and having one tablespoon of honey mixed in a glass of warm water helps in relieving backache. You can consume this every morning. Where is a special kind of honey called the Manuka, which, when massage gently on to the lower back, can also help you with this problem when applied for a period of at least 2 to 3 weeks as well?
5. Garlic Mixed With Oil:
If you want to prevent home treatment of lower back pain, consuming 2 to 3 cloves of garlic on an empty stomach, every single morning can be quite helpful. On low heat, heat a mixture of a small amount of coconut oil with mustard or sesame oil in which you would have to add 8 to 10 cloves of garlic. Fry the cloves until it turns brown. Strain the oil and then allow it to cool down to room temperature. Massage the mixture on your back. Leave it on your return for some time, and then take a soothing bath in warm water. You will surely see some improvement in your back within some time.
6. Use Turmeric Paste:
The use of turmeric as a home remedy has been used for many treatments, and it also helps in alleviating back pain. To use the turmeric, you have to make a paste by mixing one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of milk along with two tablespoons of turmeric. You would then have to take this paste and rub it gently on your lower back for 5 to 8 minutes. Do this for 1 to 2 weeks until seeing the results.
7. Drink Aloe Vera Juice:
If you drink aloe vera juice every day, then it will help in decreasing your backache. You can also rub fresh aloe vera gel on your lower back if you want some instant relief from the pain.
8. Do Some Exercise:
Exercising releases endorphins, and if your body permits, you to do some exercises which will genuinely help with your backache. Daily exercises can keep your backache away, especially stretching.
Thus, you can see there are many home remedies available for you to try out. Choose the one that is most suitable for you and your pain will surely decrease after a few days; remember to consult with your doctor if the pain persists.
Post You May Also Like