The facelift is one of the most popular surgical procedures in the United States. With over 100,000 facelifts done every year, it’s no surprise that people are curious about whether or not the results will last.
This procedure can produce results that are permanent or long-lasting in some cases because it tightens the elasticity of the skin. However, other factors can limit how long facelift results will last.
In this blog post, we will discuss how facelift results can be permanent and what you should do if they’re not.
How Facelift Surgery Works & Factors to Consider
First and foremost, selecting the appropriate surgical team, such as the one conducting the facelifts in Louisville, KY, is paramount. A facelift is a cosmetic surgery that improves the appearance of aging skin and facial muscles. It can be done under general anesthesia, or with an oral sedative to make you drowsy but maintain consciousness. The facelift procedure takes about two hours and patients are usually able to go home shortly after surgery.
The facelift procedure itself will remove areas of excess skin removed from around the eyes and forehead and the facelift muscles will be tightened. The facelifts are usually done vertically, to remove sagging skin on both sides of the face but can also be done horizontally to address fullness in one side of the face.
There are many factors that can affect facelift results: age, weight change, and smoking habits. There are some steps you can take, too, but it’s also important to select an experienced surgeon who does facelifts frequently. Here are some tips you can take to ensure your facelift is lasting and the desired outcome is achieved.
Steps To Help You Keep Your Facelift Results
There are things you can do to help facelift results last, but it’s important that you set your expectations for the procedure before undergoing surgery and stay committed to post-surgical care.
- If you are considering facelift surgery, it’s important to select an experienced cosmetic surgeon. It is best that they have done several procedures and can provide a lot of before and after photos with different types of facelifts in order to choose the right one for your body type.
- Set realistic expectations for facelift results. A facelift will not erase all signs of aging but can improve the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin around the face.
- Speak with your plastic surgeon about what you want to achieve from a facelift before surgery; listen carefully to their advice on prehabilitation and
- Stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight to avoid excess skin on your face. Poor nutrition can also cause facelift results not to be permanent.
- Avoid smoking, as it will increase wrinkles around the mouth area plus nicotine is harmful to all skin tissue.
- Stick to facials that are kind and gentle, like peels or microdermabrasion treatments.
- Exercise three times a week for at least 30 minutes each time. This will help tighten facial muscles as well as stimulate collagen production in the skin.
See Also: How to Boost Gray Hair’s Shine?
There are things you can do to help facelift results last, but it’s important that you set your expectations for the procedure before undergoing surgery and stay committed to post-surgical care. If facelifts don’t seem like they’re producing long-lasting or permanent results, there are many other treatments available that might suit your needs.
What If My Facelift Results Aren’t Permanent?
One option is a facelift revision surgery which will remove excess skin and tighten the facelifts again. A facelift revision typically lasts for about five years before needing another one done so it might make sense to do this while you’re still young.
Another option is a facelift revision with fat grafting, which will add volume to the facelifts and make them more permanent as well as adding facial contours that are natural-looking. However, if you have any scars from your previous facelift surgery (which can be very common) then this may not even be a viable option for you.
A facelift revision with fat grafting will take about three hours to complete and requires two or more days of recovery time in the hospital before going home.
How Important Is Choosing The Right Surgeon?
Choosing the right surgeon is critical for facelift results to be permanent. This is why it’s so important to research surgeons and find one that specializes in facelifts, giving you their full attention while ensuring your safety when undergoing surgery. The facelift changes are irreversible if not done by a qualified doctor with expertise in this area.
Dr. Andrew Jacono, MD, FACS, is a facelift expert who has committed his life to fixing facelifts and being able to identify the best candidates for surgery. You should visit his website by clicking here or calling 212-980-4900 if you want to learn more information about facelifts in NYC (New York City).
Post You May Also Like